Despite some health issues I tried not letting that interfere with my love of running. In April I did run 5km for the Transplant trot. This race hits home for me as my cousin finally received a liver transplant that she has been waiting for since she was 9 years old and she is now 25. She has been doing amazing since her surgery and has gone from not being able to have children, to now having a full life ahead of her.
Shortly after this I did my annual running clinic for anyone at work who wanted to participate which is something our wellness committee takes a lot of pride in. So this time we decided to spruce it up a bit with doing a 15km clinic. So our regular runners who did a 10km with me last year where up for a challenge and then race day would be July 1 for Canada day. So come race day it was 32 degrees first thing at 8am and I thought I was going to die lol. So worth it, it was an awesome run and I would do it again in a heartbeat.
Last weekend I did my final run for the year I think and did the 5km foam fest. It was awesome!!!! It was a soapy and muddy race with 22 obstacles which some of them scared me at first but I did each and everyone of them like a champ. This is another one I do again in a heartbeat :)


No comments:
Post a Comment