Life has been extremely hectic in the last 6months with life, work and HEALTH!!!! Starting last year after getting off some antidepressants for having anxiety and panic attacks I developed some tummy troubles. Those tummy troubles led me into gaining/losing weight, feeling irritable, sick to my stomach, and feeling isolated from the world. Right after getting back from Jamaica in February I said enough was enough, I needed to do something about this as it was making me miss things in life, plus feeling miserable is no way to live.So I started my research on what I could do. So number one thing was change my diet and track everything I ate so I knew what would upset my stomach.
After several weeks of that it seemed like I had to cut out food in general from diet. It sounded ridiculous and I was very frustrated and so was my fiancé. Poor guy, I drove him nuts with this. We love to cook with one another so being adventurous was a difficult task at this point. Next stop was to book an appointment with my doctor. After our conversation she sent me off for blood work to test for IBS or celiac disease and also told me to do a lactose test at home.
Got some blood work done and then it was the waiting game for my next appointment, it the mean time we took a trip to Calgary to see my in-laws and cutting out "lactose" from your diet when your travelling was challenging. I felt bad that it wasn't as fun as I hoped it to be due to my frustration took over a bit. I guess shit happens. However, trying to avoid lactose helped with my acid reflux....meaning it was gone! That was huge plus not to have to take medication every day and being able to eat onions and garlic without dying was a great perk :).
Back to the doctor's I went for my test results and being told I was extremely healthy was great in all, but not knowing what my issues were sucked. Back to to drawing board I went, which lead me to cutting out dairy all together. Like magic all my problems went away. Apparently my body can't digest the protein in dairy products, who would a thunk!
Since this great discovery I have lost 10 pounds and feel better then I ever have. Also noticed that my adult eczema has almost disappeared, my skin, hair and nails look better and of course no more tummy issues. Now I can focus on losing more weight to reach my first weight goal of 135 pounds, about 8 pounds away right now and then look at toning. Here is hoping that I can at least lose the 8 pounds before January for when take my wedding dress for alterations......who am I kidding, no one is going to stop me!
No comments:
Post a Comment